Sunday, April 12, 2015

Entry #1

Hey guys! This is may first entry on my genetic research/ ancestry project. So I went onto the website 23andme.com to order a lot to send my DNA sample (saliva). And the kit came in yesterday!

Today I got to see the package because I had it shipped at a different address than mine. In side the box is a tube where spit in and you send it back to the company to do the DNA analysis. You are supposed to not eat or drink anything for 30 mins prior to spitting in the capsule.

I am shipping the DNA sample tomorrow to North  Carolina where the 23andme lab is stationed at. The results take up to 4-6 weeks to finalize. But some people have has their results given in early as 2 weeks. I'll keep ya'll updated on the results and project soon. That's all I've got for now. Until the next time! Keep it fruity, not tart!

1 comment:

  1. I like how you end your post, LOL made me laugh! This is exciting! I can tell from your post that this is something you are passionate about. I am interested to see what you can do with the knowledge of your past!

    ReplyDelete